Acer Predator PHN16-71 turns on if charger is plugged in, but doesn't turn on if not plugged in

GC_Gamerz
GC_Gamerz Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 8 in Predator Laptops

Is there any solution or reason why my laptop is not start on battery power only. I have to connect it with charger it can't start on battery power. When I tried to open it on battery power there is red blink and after connecting the charger it open.

My laptop (Predator PHN16-71) powers up normally if it is connected with charger, but if charger is not connected it just doesn't turn on. 

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,735 Trailblazer

Hi, if you are using a small universal USB-C charger the power may be insufficient to charge the battery, what does the battery LED indicates, if amber flashing the battery is dead. If you use the barrel port brick power adapter that came with the laptop there may be an issue with the power rail inside or you need to do a power drain: Open the back of the laptop and disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard. Locate the CMOS module (with 2 twisted wires Red and Black under the battery) and remove the coin battery. Shorten the +/- terminals inside the CMOS capsule for 2 seconds with a bended paperclip and put the coin battery back with the + sign facing up, close the CMOS capsule. Next, press the Power Button on the keyboard for 10-15 seconds after that reconnect the battery cable to the motherboard. Close the laptop, plug-in the adapter and try to charge first then boot with the battery only.