Nitro AN515-45 stops charging when I play game, why?

chwong
chwong Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 8 in Nitro Gaming

I'm using Nitro AN515-45, my laptop stops charging when I play game like Dota2. This problem started few months ago, and it has becoming more and more frequent until now every time it happens when i start playing game..

Tried updated driver, lower value for the processor, different sockets.

It performs all good when im not playing game.

Anyone can help?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,734 Trailblazer
    edited September 8

This laptop is more than 3 years old, check if the power adapter plug size is correct, if you wiggle the DC plug a bit are the LEDs reacting at all?

Run a battery report: Paste this in the command prompt: powercfg /batteryreport and open the report with your Edge browser, right click and select "Print to Microsoft PDF", attach the report to your reply, type @Puraw or use "Quote" when you reply so I will get an alert.

• chwong
    chwong Member Posts: 3 New User

@Puraw This is my battery report.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,734 Trailblazer

The report is looking OK, only connected standby is not supported by the battery (see picture) and that is not good with Windows11 Modern Standby protocol (power issues).

What is the power rating (Watt) of your adapter and is this the original one that came with the laptop? When you plug in the DC pin in the laptop DC port do you hear an audible click when fully inserted, if you wiggle the plug a bit while charging do the LEDs on the laptop react? The charger may not be powerful enough to charge the battery and the dGPU, keep the adapter plugged in 24/7 and the battery charged 100%.