Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58 FA72 Ram Compatibility

NopeYept
NopeYept Member Posts: 2 New User

I want to know if i can upgrade my ram or not, if i can which ram should i buy. It seems this laptop has 2 active ram slots one currently used by a DDR 5-4800 MHz MTC8C1084S1SC48BA1. At least this is what is shown on both HWInfo and CPU-Z. I made a little search and could not find an insanely accurate answer. Does a random DDR 5 4800 MHz works well or should i buy two exact pairs of the same ram and replace both/buy the same ram i currently have ? These things costs quite a bit and i dont want to buy a wrong one.

Another different question is does it cancels warranty or not and where i can learn it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186578916940 That is the ram i think i currently have.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,914 Pathfinder

@NopeYept

your laptop supports up to 32GB of memory divided into two slots with a maximum of 16GB per slots, type DDR4 or DDR5 depending on the motherboard model, at a frequency of 3200/4800:

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • NopeYept
    NopeYept Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 8

Should i buy the same ram or a different ram would work just fine?
    Thank you for your answer.

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,914 Pathfinder
    edited September 8

Different RAM brand also works but make sure you get the RAM with the given specs. Get two DDR4 or two DDR5

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited September 9

This laptop does not have any ram type modules listed by Acer in its service guide for the DDR5-4800MT/s speeds. I suggest that you first update the bios of this laptop to the last version: 2.14 and look in the windows update > advance options > optional updates > driver updates > for specific firmware updates that windows might have for this laptop as that could be a ram frequency update to DDR5-5200MT/s speed.

Note: Only the highlighted Nitro AN515-58 laptop models come with DDR5 ram of the following RAM specs below:

With this laptops M.2 SSD drive. I recommend that you upgrade your M.2 oem fitted M.2 SSD to the Samsung 990 Pro NVMe as that is the fastest read/write tested drive on the market. Good luck and hope this further helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍