A315-44P-R532 vRAM issue. it's not possible to increase the amount of video memory

Zaplemonz
Zaplemonz Member Posts: 6 New User
edited September 7 in Aspire Laptops

Actually, I recently raised this issue. I was told that it's not possible to increase the amount of video memory and that it is determined by the BIOS based on the amount of RAM. So, I bought a second 16GB module to add to my existing 16GB in order to solve the problem, which was that I only had 512MB of video memory.
NOW, I bought a second 16GB module with the same timings and frequency, and both are running at 22-22-22-52 3200MHz. It SEEMED that even with such a glitch, it should have given at least 1 GIGABYTE relative to what was before, although the thought was that it didn't work due to single-channel memory mode.
Currently, the GTT for the graphics card has increased from 8GB to 16GB, but VIDEO MEMORY REMAINS AT 512 MEGABYTES. I HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF WINDOWS 11, THE LATEST BIOS (1.04), AND THE LATEST DRIVERS. I just don't know how to fix this problem anymore. What can I do to get AT LEAST ONE GIGABYTE OF VIDEO MEMORY?

512 megabytes of video memory were there on the very first BIOS when I turned it on for the first time. This is actually the reason why I updated the BIOS from 1.00 to 1.04 in hopes of fixing this error. The method through the system registry does nothing.

Best Answer

Answers