Latest Bios for Acer TravelMate "5335-T352G32MNns" Model: PEW52. I would like to upgrade its Bios

frariky
frariky Member Posts: 21 Networker
edited September 7 in TravelMate and Extensa

Hi,

I have a laptop Acer TravelMate 5335-T352G32MNns Model: PEW52 with the Bios version 1.09.

I upgraded it with a CPU T7700 and now I would like to upgrade its Bios with the hope it will improve some issues (for instance it reads a DDR3 RAM 12800s or 10600s or 8500s only up to 800 MHz of frequency and it accepts only 4GB of total RAM);

in addition I have some problem with detecting the genuine battery and other minor additional issues.

If not wrong, the latest Bios model for this model is the version 1.14.

Has any of you got a genuine file to upgrade my 1.09 BIos?

Thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,366 Trailblazer

There might be a newer BIOS, as you suggest, but it isn't going to have any of those changes incorporated. The memory speed and size are limited by the hardware, not by software like the BIOS. The chipset is designed around an 800MHz front side bus and no more than 4GB of DDR2 memory. Since the system is a Windows 7 machine released in 2011 Acer no longer has drivers and BIOS versions on their support site. To find a newer BIOS you will have to search through third party sites that may have archived them.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.