Aspire model ES1-531-C126 does not start after BIOS update

iahim_78
iahim_78 Member Posts: 3 New User

hello,

after win10 instalation, I perfromed a BIOS update , dowloading latest BIOS version for respective laptop model, from ACER site. after instalation, laptop does not start anymore - black screen .

Is there a solution to solve the problem?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,734 Trailblazer
    edited September 8

Hi, what Bios version did you install: 1.22 from 2016? Windows 10 22H2 won't install on this laptop, the TPM is not compatible. If the laptop is bricked all you can do is bring it to Acer Services in your country to reprogram the EEPROM and reinstall OEM Windows 8.1 or an older version of W10 for a small service fee. Note that upgrades from W8.1 to W10 are no longer activated by Microsoft.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer

Your Aspire ES1-531 bios chip needs to be reprogrammed as you bricked it, this can be either done by sending/taking your laptop to Acer tech support in your country or find a local technician that has the tools to reprogram the bios chip.

The cheapest and easiest way is to buy a new bios chip and get a technician to change/resolder the new bios chip with the 1.22 version onto the ES1-531 mobo. You can buy the bios chip on eBay from BIOS-Service-Center as they advertise this bios chip here; BIOS CHIP ACER ASPIRE ES1-531 for GBP £13.75. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• iahim_78

thank you for the info…will try to work on your proposal. Nevertheless, in my mind one issue still present: if I downloaded the BIOS update package from manufacture site, selected my laptop version…why I got this problem?

If I solve it and updated again BIOS on latest driver version, I will have the same problem. In the end, from the list of different BIOS drivers updates, which is the latest one that can be use it?

• StevenGen

With your 9 going on 10 years old Aspire ES1-531-C126 2015 laptop, the old bios chips can go bad, and a new update of the bios when flashed it can corrupt the chip and program and can destroy the old bios, its happened to me with an old desktop and I had to replace the bios chip with a new chip, its not uncommon.

The best is to buy a brand-new bios chip like I've given you above, as this new bios chip has the last bios version 1.22 that will be programmed on the bios already as there is NO more bios updates for your laptop. so, you will not need to update the bios chip again👍

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• iahim_78

hello StevenGen..many thanks for your answers. Appreciate your support

• StevenGen

Gald to help you out iahim_78👍