Overclocking ram on acer predator PO3-655. Is there any way to get my ram speed higher than 40000mhz

Intelvidia
Intelvidia Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited September 8 in Predator Desktops

hey yall, finally got my pc put together. The pc was advertised as being intel xmp compatible but there is no option to enable xmp in bios. Is there any way to get my ram speeds higher than 40000mhz?

Put in 32 gb ddr5 6400 m/ts ram.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,356 Trailblazer

You need to have all memory in the system be XMP enabled for the option to be available in the BIOS. Do you still have any of the original memory installed?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer

The below specs are what Acer lists for the Predator Orion PO3-655 model desktop memory and modules, make sure that you have installed the latest bios version 1.01 - Update ME version to 16.1.30.2361 - that updates the firmware for the Intel Management Engine (ME) firmware. This firmware is a critical component that provides low-level management and security functions for your system. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Acer does not recommend XMP overclockable ram for this desktop, this desktop runs on max DDR5-5600MT/s type ram at a max total of 64GB into this desktops 4x DIMM slots:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍