Predator PH16-71: how do I know if the cooling system runs OK?

Naryck
Naryck Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited September 7 in Predator Laptops

I think there's a problem: I run the CPU-heavy game (WH40k Space Marine 2), the coolers run on the highest speeds, but the CPU temperature is always 100 degrees even if the CPU load is not 100%. Also the air that goes out of the laptop is not too hot. Seems like the heat pipes are not working as they should.

I've had a similar problem before with MSI gaming laptop. Heat pipes were also not working properly and if there was even a little load - CPU started throttling, that's why I'm concerned and why I know about these types of cooling system malfunctioning

But I need to know exactly, if this is the actual problem. How can I say it with confidence to the company that I've bought my laptop from? They can run some simple test and say something like "you see, the laptop passed the test, nothing has been broken, good bye". I've had this type of response from MSI authorized service center and had to buy the heat pipe and replace it in the laptop on my own :(

P.S. CPU - 13700HX, GPU - RTX4070

P.P.S. I've also heard of the intel CPUs 13 and 14 gen problem. But there's no voltage options in the BIOS. So I'm under double strike: CPUs by themselves can brake and my heat pipes seems to malfunction :(

Answers