Acer Aspire R5-571T Screen is starting to Flicker alot.

BigBossSnake
BigBossSnake Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 7 in Aspire Laptops

Hello everyone. I have an Acer Aspire R5-571T. I downloaded the Intel Driver Support Assistant which scanned my computer and it said this: "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues" .My screen has been flickering alot recently and I have tried uninstalling my display driver and it resolved my problem but I am unsure as to if it will start flickering down the road. Any help please!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer

The screen flickering is caused by the new and if you update to the Intel graphics drivers that the Intel Driver & Support Assistant software installs and warns used about and of "Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues" so DO NOT install this driver update, only install the Acer R5-571T oem Intel VGA driver for your latop that Acer has and allow windows update to update this Intel driver to the compatible Intel driver that windows update has, as then your screen will not flicker. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍