Acer Aspire 7 stopped working.The screen is completely black,keyboard only lights up and switch off

madhavrnair
madhavrnair Member Posts: 5 New User
edited September 12 in Aspire Laptops

Hi, 2 weeks ago, my laptop just stopped working. The screen is completely black, the keyboard only lights up and switches off, no other command words. I can't even switch the keyboard light off, nor open bios or anything. Also, when i try to connect to an external monitor, it just says no input. What do i do?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,725 Trailblazer

If still under warranty I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services in your country, there is also a small pinhole in the back with a battery sign to reset the battery that you can try first. disconnect everything and stick a pin in that reset hole till you feel a click, keep it pressed down for 5 seconds then release and try to boot.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited September 7

Do a Hard Reset as your EC or Chipset chips are frozen restricting your laptops graphics and screen to boot and come on. If your laptop is new and under Acer warranty, then sed/take your laptop to Acer Tech Support if its not then do this Hard Reset as it should unfreeze your laptop and make it boot properly. If the hard reset doesn't do the trick, then you need to take your laptop to a technician so that it can be analyzed as you might have a faulty main power rail or even a cpu or if the Aspire 7 has a NVidia gpu it could be that the dedicated gpu is burned out and needs to be dissabled.

Hard Reset:

Unscrew the eleven (11) screws or whatever number screws there are on the back cover of your Aspire 7 laptop, then carefully pry up the base cover starting from the upper right side to release the
    latches, take the main battery out and disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery and then short these batteries + & - pins at the mainboard plug and take the ram out, leave the laptop like that for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight) and then reconnect everything.

When reconnection everything back, if you have 2x ram modules only connect 1x ram module first and alternate the ram to see if the ram is not the issue of the laptop not booting properly or its the EC or Chipset chips that are causing this boot issue as this will reset the laptop and the laptop should boot properly.

If the laptop still doesn't boot properly and you get a black screen take your laptop to a technician as it needs its EC chips changed or if its the chipset you need a new mainboard. Good luck and hope this helps you out further.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• madhavrnair

Hello, sorry for not replying earlier. I had exams, and I will be trying now.
    I'm not a computer expert, all i did right now was take the battery and ram out, and disconnect the BIOS Battery. I have no idea what "then short these batteries + & - pins at the mainboard plug " means :( I will write another comment in an hour. I only have 1 Ram module, and tried alternating it already, and still same issue. After an hour I'll even show a video to show you what's happening cause my english is not that good so i dont know if you understood what im saying

• madhavrnair

Hello, I tried everything, except for the part which i mentioned i didn't understand. The result is still the same, with the keyboard lighting up and only the power off and on button responding.

• Milly53
    Milly53 Member Posts: 7 New User

Apparently: Disable Virtual VTX - virtual machine in the BIOS and the computer will run.

• Milly53
    Milly53 Member Posts: 7 New User

restart click on F2 - BIOS…

• madhavrnair

….
    The keyboard is unresponsive
    I can't open BIOS or anything
    It's just a black screen

• madhavrnair

No man there's no acer starting logo or anything can you not understand what im saying its just a black screen i already said I can't open BIOS and I also mentioned "I can't even switch the keyboard light off, nor open bios or anything." in the main post