Why is my Acer Swift GO 14 Evo Battery draining so fast?

Gaurav1105
Gaurav1105 Member Posts: 1 Newbie

Ever since I have selected Optimized battery charging mode on my laptop, the battery doesn't seem to last much, it lasts only around 4 hours, and my laptop is set on silent system usage mode, and all I do is web browsing. But still the battery drainage is a lot, and especially while I am using Microsoft Edge. Please tell me how to fix this?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,734 Trailblazer
    edited September 6

Hi, 4 hours battery lifespan is normal for a new battery, when you use Best Power Efficiency and enable the Battery Saver in Windows "Power & Battery" settings you may even get 6 hours. What do you mean by Optimized Charging mode? If are using Acer Care Center with Battery Calibration, Battery Optimization and Charge limiting to 80% options, stop all that and uninstall Acer Care Center in Windows "Add or remove programs". You can check this forum on the bad effects these programs have for the battery and your system. Disable Hibernate and Fast Startup in Windows "Power Plan" and completely shut down the laptop during the night. I recommend leaving the USB-C charger connected 24/7 and the battery fully charged to 100% at all times. If you don't plan to use the laptop, disconnect everything from the laptop and electrical wall outlet for Safety, like any other electrical home appliance.

• Kamal_G
    Kamal_G Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi Mr Puraw. What do you think about AcerSense app? Swift Go 14 comes with dedicated keypad button for this app. Does it give same problem to battery and system like Acer Care Center? If it does, I need to remove this app too. Thank you in advance.

• Puraw

Hi, I have a Swift X 14 2023 and don't use any Acer programs, you don't need those, and some Acer apps interfere with Windows Modern Standby and Check for updates or hang in W11. Never mind that keypad button, I have the F12 key without any function.

• Kamal_G
    edited September 7

Mr @Puraw . What if after I uncheck Hibernate and Fast Startup in Windows' Power Plan, I type powercfg.exe /hibernate off.in Command Prompt to make hibernate completely gone from check box list.

• Puraw

Same thing with the command prompt, if you disable Hibernate, Fast Startup will automatically follow (disabled too).

• kiishan
    kiishan Member Posts: 2 New User

What do you mean by keeping the charger connected 24/7 and the battery fully charged to 100%? Won't it cause faster battery degradation as lithium-ion batteries have a limited number of charge cycles. Also continuous charging can generate heat, which may further impact battery longevity. Most manufacturers recommend keeping the battery between 20% and 80% for optimal health.

• Puraw
  • kiishan
    kiishan Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey @Puraw sir, I have deleted acer sense, acer liveart, acer alterview from my laptop but still I can see in task manager and windows services that some processes are still running. I am attaching screenshort for the reference. Please do tell if those services need to be disabled or not. If yes, then also do tell the process to do that. Thank You

• Puraw
    edited September 8

Yes, most of these programs are badly written, hang a lot, don't keep up with Windows11 23H2 latest "features" (hard to do) and won't uninstall properly like bloatware leaving remnants behind in the Windows registry, either on purpose or just sloppiness. stop these 4 remaining Acer services (red boxes), disable the Startup type in Properties and click on Apply in Windows Services.

Check also Task Scheduler as there will be Acer update/monitoring (agent) tasks still scheduled in the registry, don't delete these tasks as you will get errors, just stop and disable everything (also in Properties) in these tasks. Ideally you completely remove the Acer apps with an elevated MS PowerShell command: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Select Name and Get-Package -Name FULL.NAME | Uninstall-Package where the FULL. NAME is exactly the prefix name you see in that list after the first command something like "Acer Inc. Technology etc." Don't type just paste these commands in PowerShell opened as administrator.

• Kamal_G

Mr @Puraw , actually I work most of the times using my desktop PC. I rarely use this Acer Swift Go 14 that I bought 2 months ago. Sometimes it I just keep it on the shelf for more than two weeks. By the time I turn on the laptop, the battery already zero. In the old days we can remove the battery whenever we don't want to use it for long time. What should I do with Acer Swift G0 14 when I want to keep on the shelf for long time without draining the battery too much.

• Puraw

@Kamal_G and @kiishan Guys, you're posting questions on someone else's post, please start your own thread specifying your devices, what you have installed, what OS, and Power Plan you are using, did you disable the Acer programs and Hibernate/Fast Startup etc. I will no longer respond to this thread, 😑