How Many NVMe SSD drives can my Acer Nitro N50-640 desktop take?

AyeeItssJayy
AyeeItssJayy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 6 in Nitro Gaming

I purchased my Acer Nitro N50-640 over a year ago, and I am considering buying an additional SSD for it, I currently have the SSD that came with it along with the factory HHD and a second HHD that I've had for a while.

I pulled my case open today to look at it and it appears that there are three places I can attach additional hardware to my motherboard. The already occupied place for the factory SSD (it has 2215E4 printed on the connector), the already occupied place for the Wi-Fi card (it has 2211F2 printed on the connector) and a third, empty slot that looks identical to the one the factory SSD is connected to (it also has 2215E4 printed on the connector).

When I also launch my Intel Optane Memory application, it indicates that there are three slots that I can utilize for SSD, and one of them is labeled as empty.

Is it safe to assume that this is a slot for an additional NMVe SSD? All of the information I am able to find online indicates that my desktop only supports a single SSD and the Wi-Fi card, but all of the pictures of the motherboards look different than mine. I am only able to find the identifier of B66H6-AD V1.2 printed on the motherboard, but am not able to find any information with that on the internet.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

Answers