my laptop(ph315-54) screen turned off by itself(pixels turned off in groups)

matrixencrypt7
matrixencrypt7 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 5 in Predator Laptops

my laptop(ph315-54) screen turned off by itself(pixels turned off in groups) after I switched on the laptop, and laptop is working fine when connected through hdmi

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,393 Trailblazer
    edited September 6

Your question doesn’t make sense, let me get this straight, you have a Predator PH315-54 model laptop and its “screen turned off by itself (pixels turned off in groups)” then you connected your PH315-54 laptop to an external monitor through the laptops HDMI port and the HDMI port works.

So let me give you a few reasons why your laptop PH315-54 screen is not working, it could firstly be because of a faulty eDP cable or plugs at the mobo or screen or a bad EC or Chipset chips that have affected the screen image or the actual screens backlights or screen is faulty.

Have a look in the dark if there is any faint image in the background on the screen, as that is a backlight issue and some techs can fix that otherwise do a hard rest of the laptop to see if the EC or Chipset chips are not locked and the screen will come back on, check the eDP cable and plugs at the mainboard and screen if their pins are not shorted and burned but before you disconnect the screen plugs at the mobo and screen FIRST DISCONNECT THE BATTERY AND ADPATER as no power should be going to the laptop when you disconnect the screen eDP cable. Good luck and let us know if the above has fixed your laptop.

PH315-54 parts that you could need:

eDP cable check your laptops plugs cicled in red if their pins are not shorted or damaged

LCD brand names and their part number Screens for your PH315-54 laptop

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍