A315-57G performance issues, The games started to slow down and lag

KimidzukoBebra
KimidzukoBebra Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 5 in Aspire Laptops

I have a problem with my laptop A315-57G . For a couple of months now, its performance has dropped several times. The games started to slow down and lag, before everything was fine accordingly. The mx330 video card resets its frequencies from 1500 to 100-200 MHz for a couple of seconds, and then the frequency is always in the region of 800-900 MHz and works at half power, also the processor resets its frequency from 3600-3800 to 800 MHz.The processor reaches 90 degrees. The laptop stands on a special stand to make it easier to suck in air

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,706 Trailblazer

Hi, check the background processes in Task Manager-Processes if these exceed 75 uninstall the bloatware and 3rd-party and trial programs. Check the available memory you may need more RAM. Keep the adapter plugged in 24/7 and your battery fully charged to 100%.

• KimidzukoBebra

I did not install any third-party programs, I also checked for antiviruses and they were not found. There is enough RAM. At rest, no more than 45%. Most likely, the problem is with the video card, it does not keep the stated frequency at 1531 MHz. The frequency of the video card is constantly jumping, which is why games lag. Maybe there is some point to block the frequency of the video card. The power supply mode of the processor is balanced. The power supply mode of the video card is preferred by the maximum performance mode. I also tried other graphics card power circuits. It didn't affect anything.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,393 Trailblazer
    edited September 6

I've got the exact same laptop model with the Nvidia MX550 gpu / i7-1260P cpu / 16GB DDR4-3200MT/s CL22 type ram and running the WD SN850X Gen4 x4 M.2 drive with the oem M.2 drive in JSSD2 slot. and this Aspire is excellent, its NOT a gaming laptop so don't expect it to perform like a gaming laptop as it hasn't got the thermals or hardware gpu like a gaming laptop!

If you want to fix the performance issues and game fps, have you installed the last bios 1.15 as that helps, and have you upgraded its boor drive to a quicker PCIE Gen4 x 4 lanes at JSSD1 like a WD SN850X NVMe Black M.2 or a Samsung 990 Pro M.2 SSD which are one of the quickest M.2 drives around, and installed the latest windows updates.

With gaming, install the NVidia GeForce Experience and play all the games through that software settings and update to the new NVidia drivers through this software also, if you do allot of editing and multitasking then increase this laptops ram to its total max with a 32GB kit at 2x 16GB DDR4-3200MT/s CL22 ram. As doing all these things to this laptop will help this laptops performance in a considerable was, my son uses this laptop for gaming and he has no problems, but we do use this laptop for editing and multitasking and its perfect for those tasks and purposes. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• KimidzukoBebra

it's just that literally 3-4 months ago, the laptop was working fine and there were no performance issues. Reinstalling Windows and installing the latest bios version did not help.

it's a matter of thermal paste or something like that, because the laptop was bought in January this year new in the store