An515-55-77S Acer Support in Egypt, Multiple Laptop Issues in a Few Years. laptop's charging socket

x3ro
x3ro Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 5 in Nitro Gaming

I'd like to find a way to contact a live costumer support agent here in Egypt. I have an Acer Nitro 5 Model An515-55-77S, and over the past 4 years, the charger broke3 times, the laptop's charging socket broke once, and finally and most recently, the entire laptop shut down and it wouldn't open anymore. I sent it to an expert to get it checked and so far I've gotten information that either the processor or the motherboard might have stopped working and needs to be changed. I bought this laptop for about 1500 USD and it broke too much times over the past 4 years for a laptop with such price. A new motherboard or processor will cost me 250 - 500 USD. In a nutshell, I'd like to contact acer support to issue a discount or a free repair.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,706 Trailblazer

Hi, I recommend not to invest in a new motherboard for your 4-year-old laptop as a brand-new MB would cost a lot more than $500 if you can find a compatible one and that would exceed the present value of your laptop. Consider trading-in the laptop at eBay and use the money for the MB to buy the latest gaming laptop for under $1000 at Amazon.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,393 Trailblazer

Just some additional information for you x3ro as there is NO WAY that you will get Acer to “In a nutshell, I'd like to contact acer support to issue a discount or a free repair” as your laptop is 4 year old and Acer does not extend their warranty to 4 years on any product if you don't have repair insurance.

Its unfortunate that your Nitro AN515-55 has these mobo and cpu issues but a cpu can’t be changed on the AN515-55 laptop as its soldered onto the mobo and you can't buy these cpus new or even 2nd hand, plus its a huge job to change these cpu's. But if your laptop has some mobo faulty circuitries that need replacing then that can be fixed.

So if your technician can guarantee that he can fix your AN515-55 laptop and give you a 6 months warranty then get the laptop fixed, but if you need a new mobo for the AN515-55 that can cost between $250-$500 make sure that its a new mobo and NOT used (as a used could only last 1 to 12 months???) then get the mobo changed as $300 is a good price for a new mobo for the AN515-55 laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out further as I’m sure that a new Acer Nitro in Egypt is very expensive and its allot more financially viable for you to get this 4-year old Nitro 5 AN515-55 fixed!

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍