where this 2 micro parts located? what kind of SSD is compatible

archjds
archjds Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 4 in Predator Desktops

why design a cuddy where your confusing us showing unnecessary hints for guessing making us breaking the item! its like a trap! and its not anywhere in the manual? what do you guys think were going to do with it? first the sides that has lock looking and then the hole that looks like a sim ejector.

1st try scratching the sides button looking locks( this part starts to make you annoyed)

2nd the hole for what? now becuase of it theres micro parts thats been removed! imagine breaking a brand new part of this expensive CPU! (this is when you screwedup and breaking things even your so careful)

now my question is

1.) does anyone know where this 2 micro parts located?

2.) will this still work even without this 2 pieces removed? before i buy an ssd

3.) what kind of SSD is compatible for this and maximum capacity that will be read?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,651 Trailblazer
    edited September 4

Hi, what is your full Acer PC model and what are you trying to upgrade? That picture is a Sata-3 adapter to connect a 2.5" Sata-3 HDD or SSD cable to the Sata interface, bring the PC to Acer Services in your country if issues to install a 2.5" HDD/SSD.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer

I'm guessing you have one of the Predator models that has the removable drive option. There was no reason to take things that far apart, you just eject the box and place a 2.5" drive in connected to the SATA interface shown. The USB-C on the back is how that box connects internally to the system. It looks like what you have broken off is an LED and a switch. Were they originally on the board you show? If so we can get you the part number for the board itself, once we know what model of Predator you have. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like POxxx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.