Acer monitor stuck at 60hz with RTX 4060 - works at 75hz with Intel graphics

GadgetShowTech
GadgetShowTech Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited September 4 in Monitors

My Acer cb272u does not do 75Mhz using the HDMI output from an RTX 4060 and is only 60hz.

Yet it works at 75Mhz using the HDMI output from Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770 on the motherboard.

Some monitors are capable of 144Mhz or 165Mhz or higher and surely a Gigabyte Nvidia RTC card should do it.

It is disappointing.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,414 Trailblazer

What Acer laptop model have you got, as in a laptop that is a common issue as you need to use the TBT port or the mini DP port to your monitor to achieve higher refresher rates from the NVidia gpu as it won't work with the HDMI port. Try that as it will work and your resolution at the max resolution 2560x1440 at 75Hz refresher rate of your monitor like its specs state below. Good luck

Acer CB272U Monitor Specs

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• GadgetShowTech

it is not a laptop.

it is the HDMI output from RTX Graphics card to the ACER cb272u monitor.

Last night I did a clean Windows 11 install and it worked, but after some Windows and driver updates it has reverted to 60Hz.
    It is MSI Z790 motherboard and AI control center, that has loads of sensors and can manage everything on its own too.

I rolled back RTX driver with no luck. I will remove all of nvidia next.

• GadgetShowTech
    edited September 10

so i removed the Nvidia drivers and it is back to 75Hz

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,414 Trailblazer

Try to connect your Acer CB272U monitor from its DP port to the RTX-4060 DP v1.4a port, as that will work better than connecting it to the RTX4060 HDMI 2.1 port and you won’t have these problems, use a different cable, also read this NVidia excellent guide Ultimate Guide to GeForce RTX 4060 and 4060 Ti Graphics Cards. Good luck and hope this helps you out further.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍