VG272UV Monitor goes blank when setting higher than 60hz on Asus Zenbook pro 16X OLED Laptop(UX7602

MrSunshine
MrSunshine Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 4 in Monitors

Hi,

When trying to select a higher refreshrate then 60Hz my monitor (Acer VG272UV) goes blank.
I had no problem with my previous Laptop (Dell Precision 7740 with Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000) and same HDMI 1.4 cable.

Now I'm trying to connect my Asus Zenbook Pro 16X OLED Laptop (UX7602) with Nvidia Geforce RTX 4070 and I only get it to run at 60Hz. I have another Monitor (Samsung 32" Curved) witch works perfecly with 144Hz. But unfortunately not my Acer monitor.

Runing latest public version of Windows 11 23H2, fully updated. Latest BIOS and so on.

I have also tried using DDU in Safe Mode to uninstall Intel and Nvidia Drivers and then reinstall them without internet connection. But the result is the same, only 60Hz.

Any sugestions are welcome.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,393 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Use a TBT4 plug to DP v1.4 plug cable which you can connect this monitor to your Asus Zenbook Pro 16X OLED Laptop, as your laptop has a TBT4 port to connect to the monitor instead of connecting to the laptop with a HDMI v2.0 cable, which will give your monitor a better refresher rate than 60Hz with the HDMI port. See if that alternative works better.

Also, try all the Factory Preset resolutions at QHD and QHD (DP) from the chart below from the Nitro VG272UV Monitor service guide and see if the refresher rate coincides with resolution to refresher rates of 120Hz, 144Hz, 165Hz and 179Hz.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,356 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

It looks like you have an ASUS UX7602VI, since it has the 4070. Unfortunately I don't see specs on the timings available on the HDMI port vs. the Thunderbolt ports. I believe the timings posted above have DP only readings in red, so you may not be able to do better than 60Hz on the HDMI. Use a TBT to DP adapter and see if you can get the higher rates there.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,393 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Use a TBT4 plug to DP v1.4 plug cable which you can connect this monitor to your Asus Zenbook Pro 16X OLED Laptop, as your laptop has a TBT4 port to connect to the monitor instead of connecting to the laptop with a HDMI v2.0 cable, which will give your monitor a better refresher rate than 60Hz with the HDMI port. See if that alternative works better.

Also, try all the Factory Preset resolutions at QHD and QHD (DP) from the chart below from the Nitro VG272UV Monitor service guide and see if the refresher rate coincides with resolution to refresher rates of 120Hz, 144Hz, 165Hz and 179Hz.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    Answer ✓

It looks like you have an ASUS UX7602VI, since it has the 4070. Unfortunately I don't see specs on the timings available on the HDMI port vs. the Thunderbolt ports. I believe the timings posted above have DP only readings in red, so you may not be able to do better than 60Hz on the HDMI. Use a TBT to DP adapter and see if you can get the higher rates there.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MrSunshine
    MrSunshine Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the answer. I got myself a TBT → DP cable and it acutally worked. Now I get 170Hz.

Thanks for your help 🙂.

• billsey

Sweet! I'm happy you got it working. :)