Trouble using Predator sense in Predator Helios Neo 16 (PHN16-72)

Binayak___
Binayak___ Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 31 in Predator Laptops

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16- i9 14900HX, 4060. (Predator PHN16-72)

Reason why I think I got a defective piece is because while opening Predator sense software, it needed 2-3 key presses to open (which sometimes get opened in a single press), and I wasn't being impatient. I feel similar lags while opening multiple applications and tabs.

I bought it from Best Buy store in the US. It should be rare to have a defective piece, idk. the track pad lags sometimes, it doesn't touch/click. The same problem happened while writing this as well when I tried to go to the body section after completing the question. I could see a thick red line under the Predator sense logo in taskbar when I try to open it by pressing the predator sense key in keyboard. I checked the drivers update for mice and trackpad; I had the latest ones. I can exchange my laptop for the same or different model, if I go for different model I might have to pay more, but buying the same model will allow me to get the laptop without any additional charges even if the laptop price hikes up. I don't know whether the issues is with the hardware or it's because of driver updates and other software stuffs. Blindly exchanging laptop has a risk of actually getting a defective piece. I am blank right now.

I did check the drivers update for mice and stuffs, and I was up to date.

The Laptop is right now $300 off and it's price is $1199 right now. I don't know why is it so low. I did the Hwinfo sensor test and the read total and write total is 4402 and 1900 respectively. Is that normal ? Is there anything wrong with this Model of laptop or is it just mine?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,379 Trailblazer

Make sure that you have your Predator PHN16-72 new laptop setup properly and fully with all windows updates and latest bios and firmware updates and NVidia latest gpu drivers (install the NVidia GeForce Experience software so all NVidia gpu latest drives are downloaded) also have a look if Win-11 updates has any optional firmware drivers in Advanced options > Optional drivers > Driver updates for the PHN16-72 laptop, as this laptop has fixes for keyboard and trackpad in its Acer support bios section, so update to the latest bios version 1.12. Also read this excellent guide from a community member on "Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming" at Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming as doing all these setups for this excellent Acer high-end gaming laptop that will fix all the problems that you are having. Good luck as this will assists you to sort all the above problems out.

Note: When doing a bios update within windows make sure that you click the bios application .exe file once and you allow the bios to fully flash and YOU DO NOT TRY TO REBOOT THE LAPTOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BIOS FLASH and interrupt the bios flash, be patient and wait until the laptop reboots completely to the opening Win-11 login screen or if you don't have a login pin to the opening Win-11 screen, which takes up to 5 min. Be warned if you attempt to reboot or interrupt the bios flash process, you will brick the bios chip program and the laptop will need to be sent to Acer Tech Support so that it can be reprogrammed which is NOT covered by Acer warranty of your laptop.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍