Acer Aspire 515-45 Laptop / Dual External Monitors / Extended Display

mconnors625
mconnors625 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 31 in Aspire Laptops

I have learned the single USB-C port (3.2 Gen 1) on this laptop is data transer only - no video output capabilities.

However, the laptop does have two USB-A ports (3.2 Gen 1) with distinct blue tab on the inside. Could someone please verify that these ports DO have video output capabilities when the correct USB 3.0 -to- Dual HDMI Adapter is used to extend the laptop Windows desktop to each of two portable external monitors?

Please verify this is correct and when shopping for an adapter please list exactly what specifications/nomenclature I should look for in the adapter or dock descriptions when shopping. I am not as concerned with being able to power both monitors from the laptop as they are portable monitors and can be powered with a minimum 5v power adapter (if I understand that correctly). If there are adapters/docks available that can provide both video and power to both monitors that would be great, but if not it is not a deal breaker. I am most interested in being able to extend the desktop to both external monitors from the laptop.

I simply need to know what to look for in hardware specifications/descriptions when shopping.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers