Can I upgrade memory or add another hard drive to my new ACER TC-1785?

JTD
JTD Member Posts: 1 Newbie

Can I upgrade memory or add another hard drive to my new ACER TC-1785?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,846 Trailblazer

There are two RAM slots for upgrading a maximum memory capacity of 64GB Memory DDR5 PC5-38400 4800MHz Non-ECC UDIMMs
    Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR5-4800 UDIMM | CT2K8G48C40U5 | Crucial IN
    Your Aspire TC-1785 M.2 SSD slot is a Gen4x4 M.2 SSD slot for Gen4 NVMe SSDs like the Samsung 990pro up to 4TB

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer

Just as additional information for you and as a guide, the below tables are the ram specs and modules used, the M.2 SSDs and 2.5" SATA 3 drives that Acer uses as oem components on the Aspire TC-1785 desktop:

This is the TC-1785 mainboard layout and where the ram, M.2 and 2.5" HDD drive connect to:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• LadyGray007
    LadyGray007 Member Posts: 1 New User

@StevenGen

Thanks for the info. Yup that's about right. Appreciate it!

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,178 Pathfinder

@JTD and @LadyGray007

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too. 

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★