How to fix "no bootable device"

Justin00
Justin00 Member Posts: 1 New User

I've been having a problem with my Acer laptop. Whenever I turn it on it says "No bootable device"

I've tried windows installation media through USB but it just shows the Acer logo and after a while the laptop just restarts and the process keeps repeating.

I've also tried changing the boot mode to UEFI or legacy but there isn't a option

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,398 Pathfinder

Set bios mode to UEFI and then install Windows on drives. If after installinstallation you still get same issue then it is your Bootable usb with corrupted files or Your laptop hard drive is faling in which you are installing windows.

I recommend creating bootable usb using fresh néw microsoft iso through Rufus in GPT partition (leave other settings go default).

To create a bootable USB using Rufus with a Microsoft ISO for GPT partitions, follow these steps:

1. Download Rufus: Obtain the latest version from the official Rufus website.
    2. Launch Rufus: Open the Rufus executable (no installation needed).
    3. Select USB Drive: Choose your USB drive from the "Device" dropdown.
    4. Select ISO File: Click "Select" and choose the Windows ISO file.
    5. Partition Scheme: Set "Partition scheme" to GPT and "Target system" to UEFI (non CSM).
    6. File System: Choose NTFS.
    7. Start: Click "Start" to format and create the bootable USB.

After completion, your USB will be ready for UEFI installations

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • sebcl1986
    sebcl1986 Member Posts: 10 New User

Personally i would suggest him to set hes new ssd to online state in disk manager to let pc recognize it .... using an other pc or an external ssd case to do so and after its state is online he can put it in pc and then boom install windows :D. You can tell me if im a dummy hehe have a good day

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,370 Trailblazer

What is your laptops model number, as that would help to give you a better and more accurate answer and what type of boot drive do you have is it a SATA 3 2.5" mechanical or SSD or is it an M.2 SSD drive, as your question is very vague!

Just some basic suggestions, have the bios at default settings, make sure that your boot 2.5" SATA 3 or M.2 SSD drive is working and is not damaged or with the M.2 drive its pins haven't been corroded or are full of dust which can cause a loss of connection, open your laptop back cover and have a look at the boot drive for all the above and if its damaged or not working use a new drive and reisntall the operating system as your computer will detect the drive. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

How to Fix 'The System Cannot Find Any Bootable Devices' Error:-
    CTRL + ALT + DELETE.
    F12 Button.
    Restore the default BIOS settings/factory settings.
    Resetting your computer's boot priorities.
    Check for connection problem with the SATA or NvME Drive.
    Replace the new HDD or SSD.
    Unplug USB devices attached to the computer.

———————————————————————
    If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.