Aspire M not outputting stereo audio to headphones

Gstocker3
Gstocker3 Member Posts: 1 New User

It is in stereo on the built in speakers, but only mono from the headphone jack. The symbol by the jack indicates it should be capable of stereo output. I've tested and swapped headphones and cables, so the issue is on the laptop's end. How do I remedy this?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,370 Trailblazer

What is your Aspire M model laptop model number, as there are thousands of Aspire models. All laptops have stereo output sound in their speakers and headphones through the "Audio Jack - Connects to a headset (OMTP),TRS (3 pin)" port,

If you don't then have a look in the windows settings, below is the Win-11 System > Sound, go to the taskbar > speaker icon > right click and choose Sound Settings as then you will go to the below settings where you need to make sure that MONO is on OFF like highlighted below, as its impossible that your headphones get mono sound from the laptop if the mono settings is on OFF, or it could be that your headphones are mono only.

Unless the headphone side port is faulty and needs resoldering or changing which and if your Aspire M is covered under the Acer warranty, then contact Acer Tech Support in your country and have this fixed or if its not, then have the Audio Jack checked and replaced. Good luckl.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍