Acer aspire A715-75G turns off immediately

Ravi_Kumar
Ravi_Kumar Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 28 in Aspire Laptops

I have Aspire A715-75G. It doesn't turn on by pressing power key once, I have to press the key 4 to 5 times, and it immediately turned off back after few minutes.

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,370 Trailblazer
    edited August 29

This could be a keyboard power key issue that could be faulty and/or stuck and sticky, as the power key switch mechanism is not making contact unless you keep pressing the switch a few times. Try to unfreeze the power switch first, unplug the laptop from the mains power, disconnect its main battery, then spray an electronic cleaning spray onto the power key and press the key a few times to free it up and see if it cleanse its contact and makes the power key work, as the key could be sticky and full of dirt and the spray could free it up and fix its switch and power contacts.

Otherwise, you need to replace the keyboard with a new one, see eBay or search the web for a keyboard only for the Aspire A715-75G laptop as Acer only lists the Upper Cover/Keyboard combination part number as a replaceable part for your laptop which there are about 100 different model number for different languages. So if you want the Upper Cover/Keyboard tell us which language you want and then we can give you the appropriate Acer part number.

If you want the US International upper case/keyboard the below highlighted number is the appropriate part number for your laptop:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍