Why is there no sound coming from my new Acer K273 E monitor?

_D_G_B_
_D_G_B_ Member Posts: 2 New User

I just purchased the Acer 27" K273 E monitor, and it's plugged into my HP ProBook 650 G8 Notebook PC (running the latest version of Windows 11), via HDMI, everything works except for the audio, and I've tried everything to fix the issue:

~tried a different HDMI cable

~unplugged the HDMI cable and powered off & unplugged the laptop & monitor, rebooting then reconnecting the HDMI

~updated every audio driver via device manager (windows key + x):

-all drivers under the "Audio inputs and outputs" section

-all drivers under the "Audio Processing Objects (APOs)" section

-all drivers under the "Monitors" section

-all drivers under the "Sound, video and game controllers" section

~I also uninstalled, then reinstalled every driver recommended online, restarting the laptop each time

~I've checked all of my settings, it's unmuted, volume is up, volume mixer is up, I've set it as the default audio device, etc, it even shows the volume fluctuating when I run audio tests or try to play music as if it's working, despite no sound being played, my headset works fine, as well as the PCs built in speakers

~I've also booted in into BIOS, looking for anything to do with audio settings, everything looks good there, the proper boxes are checkmarked

After spending a while carefully trying everything I know how to do, plus reviewing many tutorials on YT, and using the troubleshooters (which only tell me they either can't fix the problem, or recommend that I turn off "sound effects and enhancements" for the monitor, despite it not having that option in any of the settings), I'm quite baffled, thus my reason for reaching out on this forum, XD. I'm hoping that someone can either point out my stupidity, or assist me with their tech wizardry skills, thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,235 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@_D_G_B_

The K273 E does not have a speaker built-in.

The volume function in the monitor is for the 3.5mm speaker/headphone port.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,688 Trailblazer

Hi, post the question in the HP community, maybe the HP still has a VGA port that you can try to check the audio output.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,235 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@_D_G_B_

The K273 E does not have a speaker built-in.

The volume function in the monitor is for the 3.5mm speaker/headphone port.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • _D_G_B_
    _D_G_B_ Member Posts: 2 New User

@AnhEZ28 I made a mistake in my post, it's not the K273 E, but the K273 EBI, and it only has 1x HDMI & 1x VGA port, no 3.5mm jack. And after some more digging, unfortunately you are correct, it does not have integrated speakers.. (Kind of feeling like a fool rn tbh, XD) The store I ordered it from listed it as having integrated speakers as one of it's key features, I even looked it up online to verify that it did, (Microsoft Co-Pilot also told me the same thing, but that's because their website listed it as the K273 E, which apparently does have integrated speakers?… it even has the speakers listed in my manual as 2W x 2 (Only Audio-Input Model) (Optional), which of course I thought I had.. turns out they sent me the K273 EBI, which Co-Pilot says is not the version with the speakers.. plus even the label says "N/A" next to the word 'Speakers' on my box… hahaha. Oh well, all in all, I feel like a fool, yet I'm relieved as the riddle has finally been solved, kinda dissappointed in the store for their minor mistake in the model listing, but I am super pleased with the visual performance of this monitor, looks like I'm off to pickup a decent pair of speakers for my PCs 3.5mm jack in the morning, (they'll probably be better than the integrated speakers in the other model anyways), XD. God bless.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer

There are lots of different K273E models, the 'bi' designation determines what features are installed in that unit. Unfortunately Acer doesn't publish a reference for those letters, so we have to mostly guess as to what's installed and what is not. There would be more letters than just the 'bi' if it had speakers…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.