1 LONG 1 SHORT BEEP ACER VERITON X2665G

FREDDIEMAC
FREDDIEMAC Member Posts: 3 New User

I CHANGE MY STORAGE TO SSD AND INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 AND AFTER I RESTART IT BEEPS 1 LONG 1 SHORT

I TRIED RESETING THE CMOS - NOTHING HAPPENS

I TRIED TO REPLACE RAM STICK - BEEPS PERSISTS

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,361 Trailblazer
    edited August 26

Which model Veriton X have you got??? Because by what you are describing with the beeps of your Veriton X its the BIOS that is damaged and you need to either "Create a BIOS Crisis Recovery Disk" or its best that you contact and send or take your desktop to either Acer Tech Support who can reprogram the bios for minimal cost or a technician in your area that will do the same. Good luck and hope this helps you out to solve your problem.

As a last resort, try to reset the bios by taking the bios battery out and short the battery + & - pins at its mainboard plug and don't connect the battery for at least 1 hour or preferably overnight, as your desktop needs a crisis recovery disk.

This is what Acer describes about the Veriton X desktop BIOS Recovery

When you boot up the computer and you hear one long beep, followed by a shorter one, the system BIOS is damaged. This may be caused by an interruption during a BIOS flash procedure (e.g. a power outage) or a corrupted BIOS code, which will cause the system to go into an unbootable state. You need to access and execute the boot block program to reboot the computer and recover the regular BIOS code. Note the following when restoring the BIOS settings: • Make sure the computer is connected to a UPS unit during the BIOS recovery process. • The BIOS recovery media should be prepared in a computer running the Windows OS. A USB flash drive can be used

The below are all the Beep Codes from the Veriton X6690G 2020 model in its service guide which could be the same for your Veriton X:

Beep codes are used by the BIOS to indicate a serious or fatal error to the end user. Beep codes are used when an error occurs before the system video has been initialized. Beep codes will be generated by the system board speaker, commonly referred to as the PC speaker. AMIBIOS displays the checkpoints in the bottom right corner of the screen during POST. This display method is limited, since it only displays checkpoints that occur after the video card has been activated. Not all computers using AMIBIOS enable this feature. In most cases, a checkpoint card is the best tool for viewing AMIBIOS checkpoints.

Below is an example of a crisis recovery disk for the Veriton X6690G model from its Acer Service Guide, be aware that if your Veriton X is a different model it could have a totally different bios file that is described in this guide, I take no responsibility if you don't know how to do this recovery process and you brick the bios even more. Hopefully your bios was write protected with the switch that these Veriton bios have.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,559 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

DON"T MESS with your bios. Does your old hard drive still boot OK ??

BUT MORE info is needed .

Where did you get WIN 10 ?? Is the new drive bootable ???

Have you tried booting with the NEW SSD Only ??

• FREDDIEMAC

DON"T MESS with your bios. Does your old hard drive still boot OK ??

-the old hard cant boot again when put it back

BUT MORE info is needed .

Where did you get WIN 10 ?? Is the new drive bootable ???

windows 10 was bootable flash drive

Have you tried booting with the NEW SSD Only ??

I already install the windows 10 and when i restart the unit beeps

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,559 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Why not post model number ?

I'm assuming that all was well with the old hard drive ?

If so, my guess is that you have a loose cable or you have cracked the board during installation.

Look closely especially around the screw holes.

• FREDDIEMAC

THE MODEL NUMBER IS

Veriton X2665G