Acer cb282k monitor Display not fitting screen

FreyaSC
FreyaSC Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 22 in Monitors

My display overlaps my screen so that I can't see the toolbar or the 'x' at the tops of open windows.

I have played around with pretty much every setting I can find on both monitor and Windows settings, but after plugging the PC into a TV which displayed the correct ratio perfectly, I assume the problem is with the monitor, but I have tried every setting option I can find!

First pic is how it looks on TV and second is on Acer cb282k monitor.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,656 Trailblazer

Hi, increase the resolution for the 2nd monitor to the highest or try different res. ratios.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,054 Pathfinder

@FreyaSC

You can try to change the Wide mode to Full or Aspect.

Or adjust the H.Position and V.Position

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • FreyaSC

Hi I already tried all the aspect modes and none fit the sceen.

If the resolution is a windows setting I have tried that and it doesn't work. If its an acer monitor setting I haven't found that option on my menu.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,343 Trailblazer

There is also the screen position setting in the OSD.

Just move it until it's centered.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • FreyaSC

Thanks for the suggestion but not only does my monitor not give me that option, it is alsooverlapping on all 4 sides and already central, so shifting to one side will only hide more on that side...

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,343 Trailblazer

It sounds like it's in overscan mode, which is used for playback of movies without an edge on the screen. What Mode is it in?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.