What upgrades(RAM, SSD, etc.)are recommended for performance boosting of an Acer AMD Ryzen 5 laptop

DanielleMorris
DanielleMorris Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 22 in Aspire Laptops

Hello everyone,

I’m looking to improve the performance of my Acer laptop that’s equipped with an AMD Ryzen 5 laptop processor. I’ve noticed that while it’s decent for most tasks, it could benefit from a bit of enhancement, especially when it comes to handling more demanding applications.

I’m considering some upgrades and would love to get some advice on what might be the most effective. Specifically, I’m interested in:

RAM Upgrades: What’s the optimal amount of RAM for improving performance on a Ryzen 5 laptop? Are there any specific brands or types that work best with Acer laptops?

SSD Upgrades: How much of a difference does upgrading from a traditional HDD to an SSD make? Is there a recommended SSD type or capacity that provides the best balance between performance and cost?

Additional Upgrades: Are there other components or peripherals that could help boost performance, such as cooling pads or external drives?

Compatibility Concerns: Are there any compatibility issues I should be aware of when upgrading RAM or SSD in an Acer laptop with a Ryzen 5 processor?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or personal experiences you can share. Thank you!

[Edited the topic title to include the topic issue.]

Answers