Acer Nitro V15 lacks microphone input - any solutions?

RachiiChan
RachiiChan Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 21 in Nitro Gaming

Hello! I've recently bought an Acer Nitro V15 and I would love to stream to twitch with it as it has been my dream to, but I realized the laptop doesn't have a mic only input when it asks "Which device did you plug in?". There is only headset, headphones and speaker out, I'm really hoping there is a way we can have a microphone input instead. I tried using headset

but for some reason the microphone is overly sensitive to the point it picks up my game audio too in OBS no matter how much I tweak it and it'll cause an echo.

I was wondering if it might be because of my mic itself or does Acer Nitro V15 not have a mic input what so ever? (Since I had it on my previous Acer Spin). Or are there any streamer/gamers here (who are hopefully also using Acer Nitro V15) have any recommendation for budget microphones? (The only I had was for $8 and it's still working as I tried it on another laptop

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,345 Trailblazer
    edited August 22

The Nitro V15 ANV15-51 or similar models all have internal microphones and they are at the top of the LCD screen on either side of the camera. The microphone should be operational, adjust its volume by right clicking the speaker icon in task bar on the bottom right > Sound settings > Input > Volume.

Nitro V15 ANV15-51, its the same for all ANV laptops

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,054 Pathfinder

@RachiiChan

Check in the Realtek Audio console to see if it has Microphone input.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!