Microphone not being detected on Discord and barely shows that I'm talking in Nitro 17 AN17-41-R6L9

MandaPanda
MandaPanda Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 23 in Nitro Gaming

I have tried two different headsets now on my Acer Nitro 17 Gaming Laptop and none of them have hardly picked up sound, and do not work mic wise in Discord as no one can hear me on it, yet it's registering it as my output and input devices like its supposed to. It also shows it working in my Discord sound/volume settings, but my friends still can't hear me.

The current headset I'm trying to use is a Valorise UG-08S (my other one was 100% a faulty pair as it didn't even work correctly outside of mic)

I've went through my sound settings on windows to confirm, they show it as my default like it's supposed to, and when I double checked in advanced sound settings, it shows my mic working, but barely picking up my audio even with it being on 100 volume, and so was my speakers. Highest I went in audio test was 19%.

I'm on Windows 11 and on a Acer Nitro 17 Gaming Laptop.

Full info for my laptop is: Acer Nitro 17 Gaming Laptop AMD Ryzen 7 7840HS Octa-Core CPU 17.3" FHD 165Hz IPS Display NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 16GB DDR5 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6E RGB Backlit KB AN17-41-R6L9

If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it!

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers