Acer Aspire Vero Laptop - Not Charging or Powering On

Sushma
Sushma Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 23 in Aspire Laptops

Subject: Acer Aspire Vero Not Charging or Powering On - Out of Warranty, What Are My Options?

I have an Acer Aspire Vero laptop that suddenly stopped charging and won't switch on at all. I've already tried connecting it to a newly ordered charger and tested it with different power outlets, but nothing seems to work.

Unfortunately, the laptop is out of warranty, so I'm unsure about the next steps. Does anyone know who I should contact to get this issue looked at? Any advice on potential fixes or repair options would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,626 Trailblazer

Start with resetting the battery by disconnecting the adapter and inserting a pin in the pinhole at the back of the laptop with a small battery sign next to it. Press the pin down till you feel a click and keep the pin down for a few seconds then remove the pin and try to boot with the power adapter. How old is the battery, consider replacing the battery too if not replaced in the past 3-4 years.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,347 Trailblazer

What is the exact Aspire Vero laptop model number, turn your laptop upside down and see the sticker on the back as its got the number there, the new Aspire Vero models are the AV15-51 or 41 etc etc

Best is to do a Hard Reset and see if that works and fixes the charging or the boot issues as a reset unfreezes the EC and chipset chips that govern the commands of these laptop functions. Take the main battery out first, disconnect the bios battery and then short the bios batteries + & - pins at the mainboard plug and take the ram out, leave the laptop like that for at least 30 min for a new laptop like a Vero and then reconnect everything and if you have 2x ram modules only connect 1x ram module first and alternate the ram to see if the bios resets and the laptop boots properly.

RTC Vero battery from the model AV15-53P which is similar to what model Vero you have.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Sushma

Many thanks for your response and help so far. I tried resetting the battery through the pinhole and also replaced the battery and can log in now. But the charging problem still exists, I dont see the laptop getting charged up. Could you please let me know how to proceed now?

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,054 Pathfinder

@Sushma

Is there any charging light when you plug the charger in?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,143 Pathfinder

@@Sushma

The cause of the issue might be the charger or battery. We need to isolate the issue.

It might also be the issue with battery, charger or power outlet.   Try to use the charger in a different room on a different power outlet.  Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet.    Try to use an alternative charger if possible.    Try to turn on the computer without the charger and check it  ( as long as the battery is not drained out )  

Try to connect the charger. Please check whether any lights are coming on on the left side and right side of computer. Please check whether you see any light on the power button. Do you still see the black screen. Try to press f6. Try to flash the flash light on the screen after you turn it on.

So,it's likely the battery meter needs to be recalibrated. If your AcerCareCenter does not have the option to calibrate the battery meter, follow these directions

1. With the laptop turned off, connect the AC adapter and wait for the battery charge LED to turn from solid orange to solid blue.
    2. Turn the machine back on.
    3. Disconnect the AC adapter.
    4. Use battery power until the battery-low warning appears.
    5. Reconnect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery again.
    6. Follow these steps again until the battery has been charged and discharged three times.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Sushma
    edited August 27

I tried changing the chargers, and cables, and connecting through different sockets but none of them helped sadly :( @AnhEZ28

I dont see charging/battery lights ON on either side of the laptop. I still tried pressing the F6 etc. but I dont see the charging lights coming up. Could this be related to anyother charging problem internally? If so, whom should I need to contact to get it tested please? @William_mk2

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,054 Pathfinder

@Sushma

There is a battery reset hole at the bottom of the laptop. Use a small tool to push it for a few seconds. Or take the laptop to a PC repair shop for diagnostic.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!