Fix overheating issues or Provide BIOS Access to adjust CPU voltage on Acer Predator PH16-71-997V

Zmeucheg
Zmeucheg Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 20 in Predator Laptops

I bought this laptop on August 5, 2024! In idle mode, the CPU heats up to 61-64 degrees when no programs are running.

When I start a game, even on the lowest settings, the CPU heats up to 100 degrees, and due to the shared cooling system, the GPU also heats up to 85-90 degrees!

When entering the BIOS, the temperature rises to 78 degrees!

If you want to undervolt, this option is blocked!

It is impossible to unlock the hidden "Advanced" settings in the BIOS. Pressing Ctrl + S only reveals a small portion.

Pressing Tab + Fn + Power before turning on the laptop and then entering the BIOS with F2 does not unlock the hidden "Advanced" menu in the BIOS where undervolting can be done!

When disabling turbo mode in the processor's power settings, the frequencies are reduced to about 2150 MHz, and the temperature drops to 56 degrees.

But as soon as you start a game (for example, RDR2), the CPU temperature jumps to 80-87 degrees (even with turbo boost disabled), causing the GPU to reach 80-85 degrees as well!

FIX THE OVERHEATING ISSUE OR GIVE USERS ACCESS TO THE BIOS SETTINGS TO REDUCE THE CPU VOLTAGE!

A LAPTOP FOR €2200-2400. You have no right to limit users' access to the features of the product they have purchased!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• Zmeucheg
    Zmeucheg Member Posts: 2 New User

Configuration

i9 13900HX
    GeForce 4080 12GB
    1TB SSD
    16GB DDR5 5600

• Potrachen0o
    Potrachen0o Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a PH16-71 model, and when I did a stress test in AIDA64 I saw that the temperatures rose to 99+ after 10-20 seconds, and the processor TDP is 120w!!!! I installed the intell extreme tuning utility program and saw the following TDP settings ... processor 85 watts short boost 157 56 sec. I set the following parameters 65 watt processor, short 75 watts 62 sec. temperatures did not rise above 78! (unfortunately, this utility does not allow changing voltage parameters)
    I hope this information will help you!