I can't find the bios for my NVIDIA GTX 1050 ti

Dogochier
Dogochier Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, i want to install a bios for my NVIDIA GTX 1050 ti but i can't find it. I tried to find it on techpowerup but where is no bios for ACER NVIDIA GTX 1050 ti. I don't know what to do, It's ok to install a bios from another fabricator? or i can install it from another place?

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,345 Trailblazer
    edited August 22 Answer ✓

Do a clean install of windows don't forget to put the IRST Intel driver on the Rufus boot USB of your laptop model from its Acer support drivers page, so that windows installation will recognize the M.2 SSD boot drive, and see if that fixes the freezing problems as a firmware is not available from Acer for the GTX1050Ti and if you use GTX1050Ti from a different source other than Acer you will brick the gpu, so be very careful.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen

Do not install a firmware update for the NVidia GTX1050Ti gpu from anywhere except if there is a firmware update on your laptops Acer Support page, or if there is a firmware update for the GTX1050Ti in windows update advanced optional updates. Updating firmware from especially Tech Power Up site or from any other source(s) will brick the gpu and your laptop will not have graphics, the GTX1050Ti firmware will have to be reprogrammed. If there is no approved Acer NVidia GTX1050Ti firmware update from Acer until now for your laptop, then your gpu doesn't need a firmware update.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Dogochier
    Dogochier Member Posts: 2 New User

Ok, but my PC freezes with 'Trrrrr' sound when i start to play any game, i tried a lot of things to fix this bug but nothing helped. And someone who had the same problem as me just reinstalled the bios. I don't know what to do because my pc worked well all the time but now when this bug appeared i cant do anything. So i think i will need to just reinstall my windows. But if that doesn't help, i dont know what to do then.

• StevenGen
    edited August 22 Answer ✓

Do a clean install of windows don't forget to put the IRST Intel driver on the Rufus boot USB of your laptop model from its Acer support drivers page, so that windows installation will recognize the M.2 SSD boot drive, and see if that fixes the freezing problems as a firmware is not available from Acer for the GTX1050Ti and if you use GTX1050Ti from a different source other than Acer you will brick the gpu, so be very careful.