A3SP14-31PT-37NV - How To Boost CPU Speed

canoosa
canoosa Member Posts: 4 New User

Can anyone please link me to instructions on how to speed up the above processor?

I have searched this forum, googled the web, and searched youtube - NADA! And yet, apparently, I should be able to configure significantly more speed out of this unit.

Need help, please!

Best Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,656 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The Intel i3-N305 processor is locked and cannot be overclocked, its multiplier is fixed, Acer Bios does not include overclocking options. All you can do is use Best Performance mode in Windows.

• canoosa
    Answer ✓

Roger that, thanks! It would appear that the ads, then, are HIGHLY misleading, giving the impression that with "turbo boost" speed can be increased to 3.8 GHz.

Bought this to accompany a bi-directional scanning tool, the software of which is fairly demanding, the relatively slow speed of the laptop delaying performance action. This Acer is DOG from the get-go - unfortunately, for me.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,656 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The Intel i3-N305 processor is locked and cannot be overclocked, its multiplier is fixed, Acer Bios does not include overclocking options. All you can do is use Best Performance mode in Windows.

• canoosa
    Answer ✓

Roger that, thanks! It would appear that the ads, then, are HIGHLY misleading, giving the impression that with "turbo boost" speed can be increased to 3.8 GHz.

Bought this to accompany a bi-directional scanning tool, the software of which is fairly demanding, the relatively slow speed of the laptop delaying performance action. This Acer is DOG from the get-go - unfortunately, for me.