Does my acer nitro 7 AN715-51support external 4k monitor?

tanmayrai
tanmayrai Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I recently bought LG 32UN650-W 4K monitor for my acer nitro 7 AN715-51 laptop which has 24GB of RAM and 6GB of GTX1660Ti graphic card. I am trying to connect my monitor with my laptop but there is no display on the monitor. In my windows settings it's recognizing the display i can the resolution of the external monitor, change the position and everything but there is no display the monitor itself. I tried connecting with different port HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 but monitor goes into power saving and it say there is no signal. Please help..

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,650 Pathfinder

Troubleshooting Steps for Connecting LG 32UN650-W 4K Monitor to Acer Nitro 7 Laptop

1. Check the monitor's power and signal cables:
      • Ensure the monitor is powered on and the power cable is securely connected to both the monitor and a power outlet.
      • Verify that the HDMI cable is firmly plugged into both the monitor's HDMI port and the laptop's HDMI port.
    2. Set the laptop HDMI Port to external:
      • In the laptop's display settings, check if the external monitor is enabled and set as the primary display.
      • If the monitor is not detected, try pressing the Windows key + P to cycle through different display modes.
    3. Update the laptop's graphics drivers:
      • Download and install the latest graphics drivers for your Acer Nitro 7's GTX 1660Ti GPU from Nvidia's website or the Acer support site.
      • Reboot the laptop after the driver installation is complete.
    4. Check the monitor's input source:
      • Press the menu button on the monitor and navigate to the input source menu.
      • Ensure the input source matches the HDMI port you are using on the laptop (HDMI1 or HDMI2).
    5. Adjust the monitor's resolution and refresh rate:
      • In the laptop's display settings, set the resolution to 3840 x 2160 (4K) and the refresh rate to 60Hz, which is the native resolution and refresh rate of the LG 32UN650-W monitor.
    6. Reset the monitor's settings:
      • Press the menu button on the monitor and navigate to the reset option.
      • Select "Reset to Initial Settings" to restore the monitor's default configuration.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566