Acer Aspire V5 571p Touchscreen not working but Windows says it is there

JamesT
JamesT Member Posts: 82 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited August 16 in Aspire Laptops

Acer Aspire V5 571p Touchscreen not working but Windows says it is there in the This PC Properties

Can that be a Motherboard going bad? as all drivers are installed and sees it in Device Manager as it is listed working but touching the screen does nothing

Full laptop name is Acer Aspire V5 - 571p-323c2G50

Thank you

Todd

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,341 Trailblazer

The symptoms that you are getting is because your touchpad is faulty and needs replacing, these old laptops components do fail especially a component like a touchpadr that is used constantly and can fail after such a long time. The Aspire V5-571P laptops touchpad can be replaced separately and you don't need to replace the whole top cover of the laptop. Replace the touchpad and see if you can also get a new touchpad cable, I've included all the Acer parts and part numbers below. Good luck

These are the two touchpads that are for your V5-571P laptop

Touchpad Cable

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 440

I believe all around it is just a driver issue with the monitor usb controller, if these are external monitors like mine, or internal controller otherwise.

1. Open Computer Manager by right clicking on "My Computer" and select Manage. Or whatever way you use.
    2. Click on "Device Manager". You will probably see something with a yellow exclamation, probably under the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" category.
    3. Right click whatever device has a yellow exclamation and select "Uninstall".
    4. Go to the "Actions" Menu at top. Select "Scan for hardware changes". Windows will hopefully recognize the device now and load the proper driver. Check and see if its fixed or not.
    ———————————————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• JamesT

Touchpad works fine it is just the touch screen itself don't work I have also checked the driver is correct

so even if the touchpad works it will still effect the touch screen?

Thank you

Todd

• JamesT

here is a picture of my touchpad is this the correct one?

Thank you

Todd

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,341 Trailblazer
    edited August 19

From the caption of your oem V5-571P touchpad numbers above, the appropriate Acer part number touchpad that I've shown you above is the middle is the “TOUCHPAD EMC SA577C-1403 – ACER PART #: 56.M4BN1.002” which corresponds with some of the numbers that your oem touchpad numbers has. Buy the ACER PART #: 56.M4BN1.002 touchpad shown above and replace your old one as it will work 100% as that is the problem with your touchpad as its too old and faulty. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• JamesT

so as it has a good one does that mean it must be the screen digitizer in the glass is bad?

Thank you