Nitro AN517-52 CPU and GPU fans dont work and keyboard light also stoped.

olexa
olexa Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited August 14 in Nitro Gaming

Hi

I was given a Nitro AN517-52 with claims that customer during update of nvidia driver got stuck during setup process\

after that CPU and GPU fans dont work and keyboard light also stoped.

I have resetup windows10 from scratch, setup all drivers (excluding video - how i can define what video card is here?) and can confirm such issue. still fans dont run and no light

Nitro Sense app shows temperature correctly but doesn't start stop funs and doesn't light on/off keyboard

serial: NHQAWEV007XXXXXXXXXXXX
snid: XXXXXXXXXXX
[Edited the thread to hide sensitive content]

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,604 Pathfinder

The issue with your Nitro AN517-52, where fans and keyboard lights are not functioning after an NVIDIA driver update, may involve several factors.

1. Identify the GPU: You can check the GPU by right-clicking on the desktop, selecting "Display settings," then "Advanced display settings," where the connected GPU should be listed. Alternatively, use Device Manager under "Display adapters." If only microsoft display adapter is listed then use laptop model number to find it on Google or run windows update which will automatically install GPU driver Or use software like GPU-Z, speccy.
    2. Fan Control: The Nitro Sense app should control fans and keyboard lighting. If it isn't functioning, reinstall it from the Acer website.
    3. Driver Issues: Consider using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) in Safe Mode to cleanly remove the NVIDIA drivers, then reinstall the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

If problems persist, hardware issues may also be involved.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566