AN515-57 Backlight help. My Keyboard backlight has just stopped randomly.

Kinoguya
Kinoguya Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 12 in Nitro Gaming

My Keyboard backlight has just stopped randomly. It was working just fine before I got a third-party screen repair, I opened it at the store and the backlight was working just fine. I got home, opened up it ran perfect for a couple of hours then I closed the computer. came back 5 minutes later and my keyboard light doesn't work anymore.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,321 Trailblazer
    edited August 12 Answer ✓

Your keyboard backlight must be faulty or the technician that opened your latop to change the screen has somehow disconnected the Keyboard backlight FFC cable @ D in the diagram below of your mainboard. As changing the screen they need to disconnect the battery which the battery plug is besides the Hall Sensor plug to the left of G in the diagram, and they must have somehow unclipped the backlight plug clip and the cable is lose,

Get the technician to look at this problem for you or you can open the back cover of your AN515-57 and inspect the Keyboard backlight FFC cable and plug @ D, if that doesn't work then your keyboard backlight is faulty and your keyboard needs replacing. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,321 Trailblazer
    edited August 12 Answer ✓

Your keyboard backlight must be faulty or the technician that opened your latop to change the screen has somehow disconnected the Keyboard backlight FFC cable @ D in the diagram below of your mainboard. As changing the screen they need to disconnect the battery which the battery plug is besides the Hall Sensor plug to the left of G in the diagram, and they must have somehow unclipped the backlight plug clip and the cable is lose,

Get the technician to look at this problem for you or you can open the back cover of your AN515-57 and inspect the Keyboard backlight FFC cable and plug @ D, if that doesn't work then your keyboard backlight is faulty and your keyboard needs replacing. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Kinoguya

my keyboard isn't faulty cause i've had it since 2021, I'll try the connections and see if that works,

• Kinoguya
    edited August 12

@StevenGen Thank you so much for your help, the connection was in but loose. I was starting to get worried since I start my Comp Sci degree in literally 4 days.