Acer Chromebase 24 CA24V-CT All in One managed as an administrator. Is there way to remove this.

ReinBoughShawty
ReinBoughShawty Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 20 in All-In-One PCs

I acquired an Acer Chromebase 24 from a garage sale, Upon sale, I was unaware that it was previously a display model and/or a communication device used specifically for Google Hangouts/Cisco WebEx.

It seems to be managed by Acer itself as an administrator. Is there any way to remove this.

I'm just hoping to use it as a device in my house.

It seems to be a legacy system as it is unable to update the OS further than what it currently is.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• ReinBoughShawty
    edited August 20

Hello,

Because it is managed by a 3rd party administrator, I don't have access to doing any of these the three things you suggested.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,293 Trailblazer

That was most likely just a spam message, since it's been removed. There have been more than one Chromebase 24 models, which is yours? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. I'm guessing it starts with CA24, but that's not a guaranty. IIRC the first model came out in 2015 or 2016, so yours might be pretty old.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ReinBoughShawty
    edited August 20

Model is CA24V, above that it says CA24V-CT

• ReinBoughShawty

I called customer support and the only way Acer can provide assistance with a computer with their name and with acer still logged in on it is I pay $19.99 for a one time service or $79.99 for a full year to some third party company.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,293 Trailblazer

OK, CA24V is likely correct, the next generation was CA24V2-xxxx. That means yours is from 2016. The full model descriptions says "Acer Chromebase for meetings", and the OS is designed around that. It's not a base ChromeOS build, but rather the special one… I don't know if Google did a base Chromebook OS build for it or not. You can do a powerwash or OS reinstall to get it synced up with your Google account instead of whoever registered it in the first place, IIRC.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.