Acer swift 3 (SF314-612-72NG) camera not working. How do I fix this?

yelzy23
yelzy23 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 8 in Swift and Spin Series

Last time i remembered using my camera was about 3 months ago for a final's exam. Now i tried opening it and it's like this now, i don't know what is wrong. There are no sliding shutters or anything. I've tried deleting and installing the drivers, I even contacted Microsoft for this and they did help me and my camera worked for 1 frame only and got stuck with that one frame. The tech support and I thought it was working already but as soon as we hopped off the call, it's back to black again. How do I fix this?

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, Windows 11 Home

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,593 Trailblazer

Hi, that may have been caused by an update or a crash that caused a system file to corrupt. Best to Reset this PC with the option Without losing my files. Just type Reset in the Search box and follow the steps, make sure the battery is charged and that the power adapter is plugged in, it will take a while.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,293 Trailblazer

What model Swift 3 do you have? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SF3xx-xxx-xxxx. IIRC some have a shutter for privacy and yours may be closed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • yelzy23

my model is SF314-612-72NG. Im not sure about some shutter…

• yelzy23

Hello! I followed your advice and now I have this error. I did try to troubleshoot it and it's still the same. I also followed some instructions from microsoft help about checking the drivers or turning on the camera access but nothing seems to work

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,293 Trailblazer

Perhaps your model is SF314-512-72NG? I don't know of a 612 version… Doing a reset without first discovering what the issue was will often fix the symptoms, but doesn't really give any insight into what the cause was. If you open Device Manager now, does it show any errors or warnings? The current error seems to point to a hardware issue with the camera, not just missing drivers.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.