Acer Aspire 5 A515-57 - Cannot disable Network Boot in the BIOS, tries to boot from the network

jessef
jessef Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 7 in Aspire Laptops

Hello.

Recently, I sent my notebook (an Acer Aspire 5 A515-57) to Acer's warranty service due to a problem where it would not display video when powered on. The notebook was returned in working condition, and according to the email I received from Acer, it's motherboard was replaced.

The video issue has been resolved, but I have got a new problem: when powering on the machine, the notebook tries to boot from the network as follows:

In the BIOS, the boot order is set to start from the operating system. However, the "Network Boot" option is enabled. When I try to disable this option and save, the network boot setting remains enabled regardless of saving.

I have tried loading the BIOS with default settings, removing the internal BIOS battery, and resetting the battery by pressing the button on the bottom of the notebook, but none of these solutions worked.

I also attempted to upgrade the BIOS, but without success. The BIOS is currently on version 1.27, and when trying to update to version 1.28 (the most recent version as of this date), I receive the following error message:

When attempting to downgrade to an earlier version, I receive the following response:

A specific BIOS version (1.24) returns a different result:

Is there any way to resolve this without having to send the notebook back to Acer's warranty service? Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance!

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail to the title]

Answers