Acer Aspire V3-571G BIOS (UEFI) Upgrade

LaptopWarrior
LaptopWarrior Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 6 in Aspire Laptops

Hello, 

My laptop is an Aspire V3-571G with I7 3630QM, Nvidia 730M, 8 GB of RAM and 15'6 HD LED LCD. 

Currently running Bios (UEFI mode) version 2.14. 

I want to download the latest BIOS - UEFI Version 2.21 but the link in the "Drivers and Downloads" support page is broken (Error 404, page not found). If someone can provide me with a working download link it would be greatly appreciated.  

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-support/Aspire_V3-571G/downloads

(In the US support page, the Drivers and Downloads section is currently empty) 

https://www.acer.com/tw-zh/support/product-support/Aspire_V3-571G/

(In the TW support page, the Drivers and Downloads section displays a broken link) 

I already contacted Acer directly (via their Online Problem Response Webpage Form) but no response yet. 

Thank you for your help. 

Note: If I search for my specific Serial Number (NXM67TA002************) or SNID (**********) in the support page (US or TW) it will show not found. 

[Edited to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,750 Trailblazer

This 2012 legacy laptop is no longer supported by Acer and Microsoft if you are still running Windows8.1 continue with the drivers and BIOS you have, if upgraded to W10 note that the CPU is not fully compatible, and you also will get driver issues that are not available for W10. Don't download hacked or untested firmware from 3rd party sites as this will brick your laptop. 😑

• LaptopWarrior
    LaptopWarrior Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 6

Hi Puraw,

Thanks for the reply. Even if the laptop is not longer supported by Acer, they should still provide the latest drivers and BIOS versions on their download page.

(The laptop has been upgraded with a SSD disk and a Wifi 6E card and is working smoothly)

Please note that in the Taiwan Acer page it will list correctly all the latest drivers and BIOS versions with their links, is just that the links are currently broken (they will lead to an Error 404, page not found).

What I was looking for is a working download link for the latest BIOS version (2.21) from the Acer official servers (not 3rd party modified ones), sorry if I didnt make this clear in my OP.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,895 Trailblazer
    edited August 6

I've owned and still own this excellent laptop since new and its been running Win-10 Pro since Win-10 Pro was released and this laptop cpu works perfectly with that OS! Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the original bios version 1.21 from Acer as a RAR file that Acer distributed.

With these old drivers I usually use a 3rd party site called HelpDrivers that I've found reliable, To help you out, here is the bios version 1.21.

The below version: 1.21 bios is taken from HelpDrivers V3-571G and I can't guarantee if its 100% legitimate, so you update this bios file at your own risk. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Description

Company - Acer Notebooks & Tablet PCs Serie

Model - Acer Aspire V3-571G

Description - BIOS

Operating System: Win-8/8.1

BIOS Version - 2.21

Language BIOS - English

Size Driver - 4.0 MB

File Name - bios_acer_2.21_a_a.zip

Date - 2014/01/27

Observations

Acer. BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades)
    Update F2 function for the scenario "End-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍