Acer Aspire A715-42G - 30-118760 Fan weird noise and it does not spin. Replacing it didn't help !

emirhanuzum
emirhanuzum Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 4 in Aspire Laptops

My fan broke down 1 year ago. It happened after when i disassambled the laptop to clean the fans and replace the thermal paste.

I dont know if me disassambling the laptop and the fan getting broken is correlated or not, but it is interesting that they happened after a very short amount of time passing. After that i replaced the fan with another new one ( a repairman did it actually ). It worked for 3-4 months and then it started doing this weird thing, where it does this repetitive movement at a constant rate in which it tries to spin but is not able to, as if something is stopping it, and lets out this annoying buzzing sound.

I've posted the video and i think it is a very good demonstration of what it is about. Any help is appreciated. I dont know why the SAME fan broke down twice in a row, it cant be about the fan itself am i right ?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,630 Trailblazer

That is either a fan plug connection fault or a sensor fault in the laptop or the new fan is faulty. Acer does not list a part number for this laptop fans it only lists the whole thermal module with fans as a single unit. Take your laptop back to the technician that fitted the new fan get him to check the fan plug pins if they are making full contact or if any of the plug pins are dammed or the sensor of the fan., as that is all that can be done.

Check the thermal module fan plugs connections if they making full connection and if their pins are not damaged.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍