Aspire 533 -After the updates of win10 and drivers done, the laptop is not booting, no acer logo in

blettink
blettink Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 1 in Aspire Laptops

Machine is old but work fine until now, but did some win10 updates, also fine, list of old drivers to be update and started these from old to new date to install, also fine, until this last one.

Maybe too soon restart the machine, i dont know…but i have no logo of acer after powerup.

did all kind of tricks….

win+f10

unplugged power + 10 second power button

reset paperclip at back of laptop

bios download BIOS_Acer_1.10_A_A and second try BIOS_Acer_1.19_A_A on (1) emply usb (2) unetbootin-windows-702 to usb (3) put B5W1A119.exe on it and put itin de acer usb, Fn+Esc and power on, after 10 s, blink led of usb, after 20 s blinking usb, after 20s blinking, etc after 30 min of so acer was power down. remove usb and startup , still no difference, still no acer no logo…if this is successfull ??

I know its old machine, but after updates into trash, bit silly or not? Maybe not bios but video, if i could get the machine into F2 mode setup again…the machine is not broken, fan is running etc…

Ran out of options? or? is there someone with some ideas…

thanks bert.

[Edited the topic title to include the topic issue.]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,200 Trailblazer

This is a 2017 Windows10 laptop with Intel Pentium N4200 CPU. Unfortunately, Intel Pentium Quad Core Processor N4200 processor is not compatible for Windows 11, according to Microsoft.

• blettink

tanks Puraw, i use the machine only with win10.

some improvements, progress, and a setback.

1. i manage to get the 533 into crisis mode (Fn+Esc) and it loaded the B5W1Ax64.fd file, with a blinking blue left led and max ventilator, after aprox 3 miniuts the machine powered down. Positive!
    2. power on the machine, after some time, acer logo and it tells me "no boot device", so i power down and remover the bootable usb with the fd file. Afterpower up and a while there was windows, telling mee there was something wrong detected. Indeed windows. I checked internet was connected. And windows was asking for making new pin nummer, old was gone, but it was late and i left the machine as is….next morning continue, first get some sleep.
    3. next morning, screen was black, machine still running (two blue leds), nothing the get rid of the balck screen back to go further with windows prompt….bad luck!? So power off and power up again to continue the recover story. But no way i get the acer logo again!!! Black screen.
    4. Maybe i waited to long to enter for the windows prompt to get a new pin number through the phone, but it was late….hanging machine. Power down power up, no acer logo no F2, so back to square one. Go to step 1. Fn+Esc works with the blinking left blue led, and after 3 min auto power down. But then with power up NO NO BOOTING DEVICE and NO ACER LOGO with two blue leds on and ventilator on max. BUT BLACK SCREEN. Is the machine know hanging in the crisis mode? I did all the resets en removed ram en disk and assembled it before the next test round. no luck…
    5. Any new ideas? Acer whats up with the machine, 8G RAM, 128G SSD, FHD Screen?

Ideas? thanks.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,200 Trailblazer

I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services in your country to reset the system to factory default for a small service fee, if the EEPROM needs to be replaced maybe a bit more.

• blettink

once windows pops up, and its working. its a miracle.

better make some backups and boot stuff for repair?

now i see a bios version 1.03 and in windows info about version 1.19 and last update was not succesfull, great, should i do the acer download version 1.19 through the windows bios update?

better not restart the machine, then it fails again to squire one….

how to deal with this difference versions of bios?