PSV27-2 SpatialLabs Go JavaScript Error Caused by Display Scale Setting

Mothnician
Mothnician Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, I have a Predator SpatialLabs View Pro 27 3D gaming monitor (PSV27-2). I'm using it with a custom-built PC (ROG Z-590-E Gaming WiFi motherboard, Intel i7-11700KF processor, TUF RTX 3080 graphics card).

Earlier today I used the Windows 11 display settings to set the display scale to 175% for more comfortable use. A while later, I tried to watch a video on YouTube using SpatialLabs Go for the 3D transformation effect. This function worked, but using the keyboard shortcuts to adjust depth and popout caused a JavaScript error and the 3d effect would end. See image attached below:

After some head scratching, I remembered my prior adjustment to display scale, so I set it back to 150%, now my shortcuts work just fine.

Out of curiosity, I then tested every default display scale setting (from 100% to 300%). This error always happens at 175% and 225% when attempting to adjust depth and popout, but all other default display scale settings worked as intended.

I then tested a custom display setting of 145% and had the error come back up again.

For accessibility reasons, I think this is an issue. I would like to set my display scale to 175%, and I'm sure someone out there likes it set at 225%.

If you are reading this because you are trying to use SpatialLabs Go and you're getting the above JavaScript error, I'd recommend taking a look at your display scale settings. If that doesn't fix it, your issue is beyond me.

If you are reading this as a member of Acer or with the right connections, I would appreciate if you could inform the appropriate staff of this issue so it can be fixed, or tell me how I can contact them. If there is somewhere else I should direct this information, please let me know.

I do not need further assistance with this issue. I'm just leaving this here for anyone having this same problem.

Have a great day.

Answers