Is there anyway to fix Acer Nitro5 screen backlight problems?

helpmeimpoor
helpmeimpoor Member Posts: 2 New User

I am currently using the two connected screens, so the laptop works. And, if I shine a light on the screen I can faintly see the background (and could see the login screen to login to my computer). Is there anyway to fix this without fixing the backlight? How hard is that to do?

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,300 Trailblazer
    edited August 1 Answer ✓

The problem that you are having is that your Nitro laptops screen backlight LED globe(s) are shorted and there is not sufficient light to show a visible and clear image onto the laptop screen, or this could also be a fault that is within the screen mainboard that has a short that has stopped the backlight LED globes from working. There are technicians that can fix these backlights and screen boards but if you can't find a technician like that its much simpler and easier to change the screen for a new one which you should match the exact screen that your old screen part number is, as they are available on the internet.

Note: If you intend doing this job yourself of changing the screen in your Nitro laptop, BE WARNED that you need to disconnect the power adapter and main battery first before you disconnect the LED screen plug from the laptops mainboard, as if you don't do this, you will cause major damage to the laptop that will brick your laptop, so be very careful and do all the above. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,300 Trailblazer
    edited August 1 Answer ✓

The problem that you are having is that your Nitro laptops screen backlight LED globe(s) are shorted and there is not sufficient light to show a visible and clear image onto the laptop screen, or this could also be a fault that is within the screen mainboard that has a short that has stopped the backlight LED globes from working. There are technicians that can fix these backlights and screen boards but if you can't find a technician like that its much simpler and easier to change the screen for a new one which you should match the exact screen that your old screen part number is, as they are available on the internet.

Note: If you intend doing this job yourself of changing the screen in your Nitro laptop, BE WARNED that you need to disconnect the power adapter and main battery first before you disconnect the LED screen plug from the laptops mainboard, as if you don't do this, you will cause major damage to the laptop that will brick your laptop, so be very careful and do all the above. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• helpmeimpoor
    helpmeimpoor Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for your help!