ACER cannot recognize my serial number/SNID

scobastic
scobastic Member Posts: 2 New User

So, I was just trying to put in my serial number/snid into the box, but it says the serial number/snid is not found.

Im trying to install the acer care center app.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Typically that means you are on the wrong Acer site for your locale. It can also happen when you have an old enough model that the database has been purged. Which site are you using and what Acer model do you have? Have you tried just putting the model number, less that last batch of characters, in instead of the SN? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. You would enter xxxxx-xxx from that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓

Typically that means you are on the wrong Acer site for your locale. It can also happen when you have an old enough model that the database has been purged. Which site are you using and what Acer model do you have? Have you tried just putting the model number, less that last batch of characters, in instead of the SN? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. You would enter xxxxx-xxx from that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • scobastic
    scobastic Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for responding, I tried your advice of putting my model number and it worked, I didn't notice I could put my model number, thanks!

• billsey

Happy to have helped! :)