Replacement CMOS battery in my Aspire A515-45 Laptop?

andrew-dd_1937
andrew-dd_1937 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

The CMOS battery in my A515-45 laptop is making intermittent beeping sounds. The sound that the beeps make is as follows: "beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep". I suspect this may be caused by the CMOS battery.

Without opening the laptop's case could you please tell me the part number of a suitable replacement battery.

Thank you.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,519 Trailblazer

Check if there is a stuck key (toggle all the keys, see if the beeping stops) or some object resting on your keyboard, maybe a device is not plugged in fully (power adapter/USB/Audio/HDMI), what are the power and battery LEDs indicating? Unplug the power adapter to see if the beeping stops you may have a bad adapter. This is not a CMOS battery issue, if your time and date are correct after booting CMOS is working properly.

• andrew-dd_1937
    andrew-dd_1937 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Thank you Puraw,

A bit more information that may or not confirm the problem is the CMOS battery has/or is about to fail:

1. The internal clock shows 2022…. when I save files Whereas the taskbar clock shows today's date and time (11:32 AM 2024-07-26) See image attached. .
    2. Intermittently the laptop takes forever to shutdown. Prior to actual shutdown a blues screen message appears that states "Windows is collecting information……" and shortly afterwards the normal screen appears on which I enter my password to open the laptop. It did exactly the same but in reverse this morning after it had installed a Microsoft update and was attempting to finish the update and restart.
    3. If this is, as I suspect, the CMOS battery can you please tell me which CMOS battery I should order for my Aspire A515-45 laptop?

Thank you,

Richard