performance throttling with a315-23

adri10
adri10 Member Posts: 3 New User

my laptop is doing quite the opposite of what it should, after 2 and 1/2 years of usage. its base speed is 2.1ghz, when i'm idling, it roams around that and 2.5ghz (higher), but whenever i start to do literally aNYTHING, like just moving my mouse an inch, it immediately drops down to less than 1.5ghz, sometimes just limiting itself to exactly 1.36ghz, and when i start "overloading" it (which means like 2 chrome tabs :/) it drops down to 400mhz and limits itself there, like it's mad or something, until i start closing stuff, just to go up to the 1.5ghz median it was at. idk what's happening, it's not thermal throttling since it's not overheating at all, when i'm idling it doesn't go higher than 55°C, and when i'm doing something it doesn't go over 61°C. help !!

so far i've tried:

• factory resetting the whole laptop
  • cleaning the vents and fan
  • changing the thermal paste (properly, i think it's even better than the factory now)
  • messing with the power plan stuff, which only made it worse when i changed to "High performance" , so i got back to balanced

i'm just starting to think it got old, because i've used it almost every single day since Feb 2022, so it wouldn't really be surprising for the cpu to be degraded.

Answers