Should i update my bios in predator p03-600 to fix FPS shuttering during gaming?

hambeglin420
hambeglin420 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 25 in Predator Desktops

Hello i am currently using a predator p03-600 from 2019 that is using bios version R01-B2. Should i dare to update my pc? Im experiencing fps stuttering in every game i play so maybe its the outdated bios that is the problem. Or should i just let it be?

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail to the title]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,088 Trailblazer

Hello! Updating the bios is risky! If the computer is working properly, I wouldn't upgrade! However, if you choose to upgrade, go to version R01-B4!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,279 Trailblazer

If you update to the last bios update version RO1-C1 your PO3-600 desktop will have enhanced system performance and security updates with the bios updating and enhancing the following:

1. Fixed Intel SA00307 ME security vulnerability - Fixed Intel SA00307 ME security vulnerability. The SA00307 vulnerability is related to the Intel ME firmware. If left unpatched, attackers could exploit this vulnerability to gain unauthorized access to affected systems.
    2. Upgrade Microcode DT_P_180 - Microcode updates enhance CPU performance, security, and stability by fixing issues or improving functionality.
    3. Upgrade MCU to C6 and MF to v12.0.45.1509 to support 19H2 - In summary, these updates enhance your system’s functionality, security, and compatibility with Windows 10 version 1909 (19H2). If you’re prompted to install them, it’s advisable to do so. If you need specific instructions for your device, check your manufacturer’s support sit

The above bios updates are essential to security aspects of your desktop and performance, its up to you if you want the latest OS and performance enhancements. Good luck and hope this helps you out further.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,255 Trailblazer

It depends on how stable the electricity to your home is. If you experience frequent power outages or brownouts, you really want to have a UPS before attempting a BIOS update, since a power outage at the wrong moment can do really bad things. If your power is stable then go ahead and do the update to the latest, as Steven says it include a performance enhancement that might affect what you have been experiencing. Your PO3-600 is getting on in years, however, they came out in 2018, so there's not a great deal you can do to get it performing up with the current machines.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.